5 Tips to Manage Work Full-time along with an Online Course
Juggling work full-time along with pursuing higher education can get very exhausting, challenging and make curating your schedule a never-ending nightmare. But this can also be an extremely rewarding and fulfilling line and approach to life. Albeit not everyone can pull this off, in fact, many even struggle with managing both simultaneously, but the result is always so rewarding that people still choose to pursue them together.
Now that we have the introductions out of the way, we would like to let you all into our little secret, a little black book of tips and tricks, if you may, wherein you will be intimated about these tips and tricks to make your life easier and your professional life simpler. Maintaining a work-life balance is super important and should be held in the highest regard, and hence we are here to cultivate some of these tips that will help you in maintaining work-life balance. Let us start filling up this little black book now –
- Manage your time effectively – You will be aware of your work times and that is something that cannot be shaken from the core. So it is always easier to schedule your classes around your work schedule in order to avoid the overlapping of both and also keep in mind to squeeze in some little breaks so your brain does not get cluttered.
- Figure out your Hyper Productivity Pocket (HPP) – Now what is HPP? HPP are time beings that are usually extremely productive for you. For instance, you learn and work the best in the morning after you wake up or right before you sleep, after midnight. Those are the best times to resume your studies or work, as whatever works for you. It is vital for you to figure out these timings and strategize your schedule accordingly.
- Eliminate distractions while you are working or studying – One of the biggest boons of the digital world is having social media at our beck and call and multiple distractions that it poses. And since there is no one to actually discipline or chastise you while you get distracted, it is super important to inculcate self-discipline in you. So it is best to keep your smartphones on DND mode every time you sit down to study to avoid any unwanted distractions.
- Incorporate your course learnings in your day-to-day life – Practicing what you are learning from your online course simultaneously and outside of your classroom can prove to be extremely helpful as it keeps you engaged and your learnings are tested time and again. This can also come in handy when it comes to impressing your employer and enhancing your skill set simultaneously.
- Prioritize self-care – Like we have said already, maintaining a healthy work-life balance, or in this case, work-life-study balance is extremely important. If you are not feeling well physically or mentally, all your hard work will go down in drain as you will burn out quite often.
Here is our little black book of tips and tricks to maintain a healthy balance between professional and personal life.